tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 24 17:16:24 1996

a quick question

I am writing a story where one of my characters will need to ask for
permission to speak.  I was listening to the section in PK which deals with
using "neS."  I thought the following is what I heard for "permit me to
explain my mistake, your honor" - QaghwIj vIQIj 'e' yIchaw'neS.  Does that
mean that "permit me to speak" would be jIjatlh 'e' yIchaw'?  Can I make this
into an interrogative sentence?  For example, Do I have your permission to
speak?  jIjatlh 'e' Dachaw''a'?

Satlho'

Deborah

Back to archive top level