tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 23 11:11:44 1996

Suggestions for class on Klingon?

I've been asked (well, I volunteered) to do a
class on Klingon for my daughter's elementary school.
It is longer than I'd like 5-6 weeks, one hour a week
(I'd thought it might be a one or two week shot).

It fits into a "language and culture" curriculum with
other classes on real languages and cultures also being
taught.

I'm open to suggestions - probably via email to
here or my [email protected]; I don't think the
discussion has to go out over the list, unless
others want to join in.

My thought was to build it off of TKW, using proverbs
both for their cultural content, as Okrand expounds
on it - Then use that to dissect the phrases to
illustrate vocabulary and grammar.   Then give
out some small set of vocabulary and grammar.

If I have a PC available I might bring in my copy of the
Klingon CD and use the Language Lab to for some drills
and pronounciation.  Anyway, I'm interested in any
ideas - thanks!

Joel.

 joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
   http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon  [email protected]
   GALACTIC LANGUAGES: [email protected]