tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 21 08:57:23 1996

Stories

On Sat, 19 Oct 1996 [email protected] wrote:

> I didn't get *any* feedback on the first scene of the play I posted here a
> few weeks ago.

This also happened with my story "tlhoraQ puqloDpu'"; I received a word
of encouragement from SuStel early on, but then nothing.  Did anyone
finish reading it, I wonder?  Did they love it or hate it?  Understand it
or not?

Folks, an author needs feedback.  We're all show-offs at heart, and
egotistical to boot (in believing that you'd like to read what we
write).  When no one responds, its disheartening.  If you enjoy reading
{lutmey} on the list, then let those who are writing them know this.

That said, I want to comment on HoDDogh's playlet.  I think one thing that
may discourage readers is when postings are too long.  Maybe its just me,
but I don't want to read something that goes for more than a few screens.
DeboraH Kay's bedtime story looks interesting, too, but it's too long for
me to tackle.  When I sent "tlhoraQ puqloDpu'", I tried to send it in short
instalments, a week or so apart.  I hope that helped.

Just wanted to get a few things off my chest...

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level