tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 20 20:08:07 1996

Re: The Search Continues

Tom ([email protected]) writes:
>Ok, the search for a Klingon name continues. Wanted to run one by
>everyone, and get an opinion. Being an avid hunter, I was going to give
>wamwI', a try.

It seems a bit humdrum; a name every Harry, Dick, or Tom :) might have.
Seriously, if it's what you want to be called, it's your name.

>Would it be written like this for a proper name, or does
>it require any special treatment.

Apparently, there's nothing that needs to be done to mark proper names.
In TKW, {'aqtu'} and {mellota'} are a splendid example of this.

>Also, as new as I am to the tlhIngan
>Hol , any easy way I can learn to pronounce this. I have obtained a
>copy of the TKD, and the TKW, but its been slow going, teaching myself
>to pronounce tlhIngan words.

Pronunciation is in the realm of sound.  The audiocassettes put out by
Paramount can help: _Conversational Klingon_ and _Power Klingon_, both
available through the 'Merchant' page on the KLI web site.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level