tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 17 17:31:50 1996

Re: Beam me up

Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> >rewbe'mey!
> Heh... we *are* all scattered about; -mey is probably pretty good...
I just looked somethin up. Seemed to fit my purpose.
I've looked -mey up again, and now finally understand your amusement. I
meant to say "rewbe'pu'!"

> >What's the right way to say "beam me up!"?
> >I've come up with "jolchu'" or "jol chu'"
> >The translation I've dared to doubt was "Cho'Echu".

> "HIjol" has already been mentioned as the TKD answer
I knew that, but since it didn't fit the "Cho'Echu" format, I came up
with another form.

> (lit. "transport with transporter beam) me!"
> What you saw in the station was probably a bad transliteration
> of "jol yIchu'," which is what Kirk said in STIII:
> "activate transport beam!"  "jol chu'" is acceptable as a clipped form > of this.
So if I don't want to use "Hijol", I can use either "jol yIchu" or "jol
chu"?
It's just that I can convey your thoughts/the TKD cannon to my "penpal".

> ~mark

Thorwald

Back to archive top level