tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 16 16:17:22 1996

Beam me up

rewbe'mey!

that's about the only Klingon I'll be using in this first posting of
mine (excepting the actual question)

I'm Thorwald Peeters, newbie tlhIngan (Hol) enthousiast, and would like
to learn some words of Klingon, and occasionally ask for a translation.

I've been thinking about an alias, but have not yet found anything other
than T'hor, which I will not be using in this list. If I find a new one,
I'll be sure to let you know before using it.

As for other data about me: I'm from the Netherlands, am 23 y.o. and not
at all literate in Klingon.

Now for the Question: What's the right way to say "beam me up!"?
I've been looking for a correct translation in TKD, because I didn't
like the version used by someone I converse about ST with in a Fido
echo.

I've come up with "jolchu'" or "jol chu'" (I don't know which one is the
right one, but I think the first is better.
The translation I've dared to doubt was "Cho'Echu". This was the
translation given by a local television station when a Klingon woman
wanted to be beamed away from DS9 with Quark in "The House of Quark".

Hopefully you can shed some light on this.

Thorwald

Back to archive top level