tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 13 20:44:29 1996

Re: jInajpu'

In a message dated 96-10-11 10:44:14 EDT, ~mark writes:

<< >>(NOTE:  yesh lelashon 'ivrit "chet".)

 >Whatever.

 It's Hebrew, but I'm not sure what he means.  "The Hebrew language has
 'chet'"... but reading "ch" as "H" or Klingon "ch" doesn't give me a
 meaningful word in Hebrew (Het is a letter, Heit is a word for sin, and the
 Klingon ch sound doesn't exist in native Hebrew) or in Klingon.  jImISchu'.

You have seen through what I have been trying to do here.  I have tried to
understand "parts" of words.  So far, I have not dared use any of these
"parts" except to construct my own tlhIngan Hol name.  Actually, I have been
hoping that MO would respond to our Wish Lists more and have been trying
deliberately to stir up thought by "suggesting" expansions to the language.

You have correctly identified that I took {luQ} from {DungluQ}.  In that
{Dung} could be the word TKD already contains for "area overhead," I have
merely guessed that {luQ} could mean "straight."  I am not claiming that I am
absolutely correct.  I am hoping MO will give us the answers we seek.

As to the Hebrew "chet," I was referring to the meaning "bull's eye" which we
use as "sin," i.e., a missing of the mark.

batlh Sachjaj tlhIngan Hol     Qapla'     peHruS

Back to archive top level