tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 09 16:09:14 1996

Re: help with this.

ghItlh vay' (pong vIqawbe'):
>>I wanted to translate 'target the engines' to tlhIgan and came up with the
>>following:
>>DoS QuQ

jang qrlIH:
> Therefore the correct translation of, what I assume is an order to be
> issued to your crew, "Target the engines!" is {QuQmey puS}.  Note that
> this is in "clipped klingon", i.e., the informal speech used in the heat
> of battle.  The more formal version would require the use of a verb suffix
> to indicate the imperative, thus {QuQmey yIpuS}.

    Well if we're talking clipped, you could lose the -mey also, since a noun
without one can refer to plural just as well. (TKD 3.3.2 p. 41)
That would yield: {QuQ puS}.

taDI'oS vIq, law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
|  Thaddaeus A. Vick, Linguist to the Masses   | mailto: [email protected]  -or-  |
|                                              |         [email protected]     |
|  gules, on a saltire argent voided azure,    |                              |
|  thirteen mullets of the second. Yeeha.      |  http://www.crl.com/~dvick   |