tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 07 18:37:12 1996

Re: nuq?

Re: nuq?

><                       Worst of all,
><the four "warriors" salute Gen. Martok
><with mugs of "bloodwine" (one
><word) and "Q'APLA!" Changeling/Martok
><replies "Q'APLA!" (This is
><definitely a greeting.)
>
>I find that Qapla' can be used as a
>>greeting.  Think that every on of these
>Klingons is a warrior and would use
>clipped Klingon often. As a greeting a
>Klingon in a setting as seen in DS9 would
>say "Success to you" however in clipped in
>could come out as "Success."

I just heard a minute ago from a guy in Halifax that
Marc Okrand told him that nuqneH and Qapla' were
equally acceptable. You'd use Qapla' when greeting
great warriors, but the general greeting would be
nuqneH.
Alas he doesn't have a abstract of that talk or anything.

jejQIb

Back to archive top level