tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 06 19:12:30 1996

Re: Boggle word game

96-10-06 16:16:27 EDT, jatlh qorDayt:

> Scoring:
>  3 letter words :  1 point
>  4 letter words :  2 points
>  5 letter words :  4 points
>  6 letter words :  8 points
>  7 letter words : 16 points
>  8 letter words : 32 points
>     etc.
>  Suggestions?  Comments?

As we discovered with the Scrabble game, it is much easier in Klingon to
create a long word than with English, due to the many suffixes available.
 I've never played Boggle, but I suspect that the scoring system for the
English version is similar to the one you have presented above.  Perhaps the
geometric progression you've got there is too inflated for Klingon.  You'd be
able to use suffixes to make really long words very easily, and it would kind
of eliminate the need for three or four letter words.  After all, if you can
make five 32-point words, why bother mentioning the two one-point words you
made?

Then again, I could be misunderstanding how one scores Boggle . . .

SuStel
Stardate 96766.8

Back to archive top level