tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 06 01:11:26 1996

Re: choHghoS

96-10-06 01:23:08 EDT, jatlh Kathryn Olga Chappel:

>     I just finished watching the season premiere of DS9.  After beaming
>  in Sisko orders "choHghoS".  Shouldn't this be ghoSchoH, or even
>  yIghoSchoH to be the command to move?

Better, sure.  But what would have been appropriate would be {HItlhej}.
 Sisko isn't trying to tell them to approach him.  He's trying to tell them
to follow him.  My guess is that the powers-that-goof at Paramount were
trying to have him say, "Come!"  They actually did an impressive job, in
realizing that a verb prefix was needed.  Unfortunately, {ghoS} isn't the
word they wanted, and they got the prefix wrong.

SuStel
Stardate 96764.7

P.S.  In Paramountese, {Qapla'} means "Success!" while {kaplaaah} means "good
evening."

Back to archive top level