tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 05 21:57:15 1996

Re: Birds of a feather / Getting my ship together

>tongDuj          freighter (n)
>                 (no word "tong" found, but cargo is "tep")
>
>All very nice words which show some correlation between the first half of the
>compound noun and the function of the word.
>
>And it left me with more questions. Why isn't the K-word for freighter "tepDuj?"
>What does "tong" mean if not "cargo?"
>
> -David

qay'be'.  We have a couple of choices in English.  What's the difference
between a "cargo ship" and a "freighter"?

As to {tep} "cargo", it's used in CK during the hotel scene for "baggage",
so it might refer to a container small enough to pick up and carry. There
is also the term {tepqengwI'} "cargo carrier" (whatever that is - a kind
of truck perhaps?). This would still leave us {tong} for larger amounts of
mass cargo or bulk freight.

Voragh

Back to archive top level