tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 02 12:25:51 1996

Re: Marriage Ceremony in Klingon

> *Mosheh* *Yisra'el" je lalDanDaq be'nalwI' SoHmeH, SoHvaD Qebvam vInob
>
> (In order that you be my wife in the religion of Moses and Israel, I give
> you this ring).
> I could
> have used "DamojmeH" instead of "SoHmeH", but I don't think the latter is
> bad.

I think I would have favored {SoHchoHmeH}. It fits in the
space between {moj} and {SoH} indicating the change of
state, but not implying a fuller transmogrification.

[Heh, heh. Don't get to use THAT word every day... Thank
you, Calvin & Hobbes...]

> ~mark

Back to archive top level