tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 02 11:18:41 1996

Re: (KLBC) Re: tlhIngan Hol chu' ghojwI'. jIH ghaj pung.

>Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 10:05:00 -0700
>From: "Mark E. Shoulson" <[email protected]>

>>DIch vIghajbe'
>>"I'm not sure."  (ref: I may have made this up myself; DIch vIghajbe'!)

>You didn't make it up (well, maybe you did ALSO), nor is it canon.  It's
>something that's become pretty common among us Klingonists; I know Krankor
>and I use it.  I remember when we started; I was trying to think how to use
>"DIch" in this sentence and thought of "ghaj" but realized that maybe it
>was litteral possession... and then I remembered "pIch vIghajbe'" and took
>that as support for DIch ghaj.  Not a certainty, though!

In re-reading this I just remembered a little more clearly.  I was talking
about it with Krankor, and saying that I didn't trust "ghaj", and it was HE
who pointed out "pIch vIghajbe'" as support for it.

There's a saying in the Talmud about how important it is to give people
credit for what they say...

>~mark

~mark

Back to archive top level