tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 31 14:11:48 1996

Re: KLI Fonts

Separating the Mandel glyphs from the usably-mapped font sounds like a
good idea to me, but I'm not sure whether I'd want the shifted and un-
shifted characters to be the same or somehow different.

Including some punctuation would very probably be a good idea, too; we
have canon (romanized) punctuation in TKW.  We'd either have to just
use the standard punctuation symbols or invent our own pseudo-pIqaD
equivalents. Didn't some of the Skybox cards have triangles in the
pIqaD text as punctuation marks?  Maybe "down" for a comma, "up" for a
semicolon, "left" and "right" for quotation marks?  Perhaps a circle
for a colon, a square for a full stop, and a double-diamond for an
exclamation point?  I'm getting pretty far afield, never mind...

I would be very happy to have a "convenience" font with the pIqaD
mapping but roman glyphs.  For example, if you typed "X", a single
character that is shaped "tlh" would show up on the screen.

Alan Anderson              Delco Electronics
{ghunchu'wI'}       Remanufacturing Services
        Test Equipment System Software Group

Back to archive top level