tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 28 20:31:35 1996

Re: tlhIngan version of <Huchmay' Quj>

On Fri, 24 May 1996 16:56:29 -0700
[email protected] wrote:

> Actually I was playing Glen's version of "Warrior" Scrabble at about the
> same time the Matt's game got started on the KLI listserv.  I believe that
> the two began independently at about the same time.
>...The two biggest problems I saw with either of them was that
> there really aren't any letters that are used much less often in Klingon,
> as in English: Q, X and Z as opposed to t, r and s, for example.  In
> Klingon the letters are all used with about the same frequency, as far as I
> can see.  The other problem with both of the two (Glen's and Matt's
> original offerings) is that there are far too many three letter words (I
> count gh, tlh, ch, etc. as individual letters).  This makes it much harder
> to find opportunities to play off an earlier word on the board than it is
> in the English version (and I gather in most Earth languages as well).

But of COURSE! THAT is because those games are built on a RECTANGULAR grid! Were it played
on a TRIANGULAR grid, like ANY decent Klingon game, you'd see the game become MUCH more
interesting! I'd type out an example, but of course this screen does not well match a
triangular grid, either. You'll just have to take my word for it.

> wIghbe'

charghwI'

Back to archive top level