tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 26 00:01:16 1996

Re: tlhIngan version of <Huchmay' Quj>

[...major scrabble debate removed...]

> I will admit that I haven't seen either of their games recently and maybe
> they have been improved, but unless the basic premise of how Scrabble is
> played is revised a bunch, in my opinion, it is a difficult thing to try to
> "translate" into the Warrior tongue.

Of course, all are failing to notice the actual subject of this thread in
the first place, ie "money-battle game". I do believe that I started this
thread in the first place to obtain as it were place-names that I can use
in the tlhIngan version of Monopoly that I am working on.

I ask again, does anyone have any ideas? I kinda need about 22 sectors,
4 major spaceport-thingies and two utility-like places to use as the topics.
All credit of course goes to whoever suggests these - please?

But I suppose - wait - I'll add to the scrabble debate. If the letter
frequencies are not as outlandishly extravagant, why not just decrease the
maximum-letter-score, or just increase the lower scores? I think this is
probably too easy a solution; and one still needs to know the frequencies,
for instance {Q} wouldn't do too well as a high-scorer, as the suffix {Qo'}
includes that letter. I think {tlh} deserves a place, and nothing else seems
to check as having such low frequency.

So there.   :-)

voqHa'wI'

Back to archive top level