tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 18 18:35:28 1996

KLBC: Re: Just shoot me now...

ghunchu'wI' writes (among other things):

> If you think it's too emphatic, why is the "emphatic" suffix {-qu'}
> there?  Take it off!

pIj vIbuS
meqmey QaQ vIghaj vIHar
jIQagh
pe'vIl QaghwIj DaHIv
tlhInganna' 'oH bachlIj'e'
pung ghajHa' 'ej qar
pagh Hubmey vIghaj 'ach jIghajtaH
tugh jIHub'eghruplaH
laHvetlh vIloS jay'

(I though about it carefully.  I believed I had good reasons.  I erred.
you attacked my error quickly.  Your shot was truly Klingon.  Merciless
and accurate.  I have no defense; however, I am learning.  Soon I will
be able to defend myself.  I eagerly await that ability.)

  I'm most hesitant about the second to last sentence.  Can those
suffices translate "will be able to" or am I making nonsense syllables?
Also, is there a way to more clearly indicate past tense on the first
six sentences or is it contextual?  Finally (for me anyway), can "jay'"
imply eagerness, as I've used it?

  I would have phrased this less martially, but I couldn't find the
words.  Besides, I think tlhIngan Hol just seems melodramatic to
tera'nganpu' because they don't realize tlhInganpu' are *serious*,
qar'a'?

  BTW, is there a noun or verb for "critique"?  I just have TKD (so
far), and I can't find anything.

Jason
--
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
                 -- Socrates

Back to archive top level