tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 17 08:02:07 1996

Klingon CD-ROM

 uu> From: Mark Mandel <ur-valhalla!dragonsys.com!Mark>
 uu> Subject: Klingon CD-ROM

 uu> I can answer some of the questions about the speech recognition on
 uu> the Klingon CD-ROM. We built the recognition here at Dragon

<much interesting stuff deleted>

 uu> I think I've put enough time into this for right now, and I hope
 uu> my answer explains a few things about the Klingon Language Lab:
 uu> <<qay'ghachmey'e' boyaj boneHbogh vIQIj 'e' vInIDta'>>

Thanks for the info, Mark.  Given what you've told us over the course of the
production of the CD-ROM, I'm sure that if you guys had had more speakers to
sample, the software would have been that much better.  And I fully realize
it's a technology that's still evolving; it's impressive enough as it is, and
I hesitate to think of what the next generation (pun intended) will yield!

| Commander Qob sutai-qutvaj                                 |          |
| Commanding Officer, Imperial Klingon Vessel Crystal Dagger |  NOR     |
| Quadrant Adjutant, Northern Quadrant, Dark Moon Fleet, KAG |  QUAD    |
| Member of the Klingon Language Institute Since 1993        |  ROCKS   |
| Moderator: Fidonet KAG Echo     Bill Willmerdinger @ 1:2613/477.1701  |
|                                 [email protected]               |