tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 15 17:13:36 1996

Re: Klingon CD-ROM

In a message dated 96-05-15 16:05:37 EDT, marqem wrote:

>Only after all the speakers were recorded did we receive the audio
>files of Robert O'Reilly's ("Gawron"'s) pronunciation of the
>words. Now, Okrand coached him all through the recording session,
>and on the audio files I could sometimes hear MO in the
>background, correcting or encouraging him. (That was edited out of
>the product, of course.) In my conversations with Okrand, he has
>nothing but praise for O'Reilly's efforts at correct
>pronunciation.

Hear, hear!  When I first saw the program, the first thing I said (aside from
"ohboyohboyohboyohboy!") was something along the lines of: "Wow!  He's
pronouncing them well!  Much better than that 'jajvam jajkak' line in 'Way of
the Warrior!'"

majQa'!

SuStel
Hovjaj 96372.3