tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 16 16:58:32 1996

Re: introduction

SanQIb writes:
>My 'normal' name would be Christine Tschoegl,
>but I also have a 'Klingon' one.
>It is SanQIb - for those who want to use it.

Such a foreboding name!  But if *you* want to use it, *I* will use it.

>I've got a question: How does one express 'with' e.g. like in
>'I write with my hand' ?
>I know it could be paraphrased somewhat like 'I use my hand in oreder to write'
>but I wonder if there isn't an easier way to do it.

What do you find difficult?  It's a natural way to get the meaning across,
and it doesn't add any more words than the English way of saying it.
{jIghItlhmeH ghopwIj vIlo'}.  It's also less ambiguous than the English
sentence can be:  what does "I write with my teacher" mean? :-)