tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 27 23:21:01 1996

Re: Quantifiers: KLBC

peHruS writes:
>I will need tlhIngan Hol quantifiers, too.

Why?  I think we should use units we're familiar with: meter, liter, kilogram,
etc.  Give them Klingon spellings if you must, and maybe play with the prefix
translations, but units of measure are pretty arbitrary.  We don't suddenly
switch units when translating to German or Swahili, and I don't see a reason
to do so in Klingon.