tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 27 15:14:11 1996

Re: Criticism

In a message dated 96-06-27 01:23:49 EDT, peHruS wrote:

>We have TKD's {nuqDaq waqwIj
>vIlamHa'choHmoH} for "Where can I get my shoes cleaned.  Obviously, because
>of the Verb Prefix {vI-} a more literal translation is "Where can I undirty
>my shoes?"  There even seems to be some emphasis on the Subject being "I."
> MO did not use the convenient (passive-style) {-lu'} suffix.

If a Klingon wants to get his shoes cleaned, why bother asking where some
unspecified person can get them cleaned, when *he* wants to get them cleaned?
 Besides, I'm sure Klingons don't use the slightly confusing grammar of
{-lu'} just for the fun of it.

>poH cha'DIch:  mu' QaghHa'moH vIchup

<poH cha'DIch>?  <jIjatlhqa'> bIjatlh 'e' DaHechlaw'.

SuStel
Hovjaj 96489.8

Back to archive top level