tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 26 18:21:07 1996

Re: NEW question2

Stephen writes:
>No one responds when I write in Klingon...

jItlhIjqu'.  qubchoHpu' tlhIngan HolvaD poHwIj vIbuSmoHlaHbogh.
nom potlhmey vIjanglI' 'e' vInID.

Many apologies.  I haven't had much time for Klingon lately; I am trying
to get to the accumulated beginners' questions quickly.

>...yet when someone writes something
>in English you people (note: this is crittisism [I didn't spell that right
>did I?])attack it like vultures.

tlhIngan Hol qelbe'bogh vay''e' 'ej lo'be'bogh vay''e' vIleghDI' vIbepbej.
jabbI'IDghom meqna' 'oH tlhIngan Hol'e'.  chay' "criticism" Dalo'?

If something doesn't either consider or use Klingon, I indeed complain.
This list's purpose is the use and exploration of the Klingon language.
What exactly are you criticizing?

By the way, to paraphrase a message the list owner sent a few days ago:

==== **** ==== DON'T POST BINARIES ON THIS LIST!! ==== **** ====

Not all email clients can deal with them at all; not everyone has a
computer that can handle any given file format; and very few people
on the list *want* to receive attachments via email.  Go ahead and
invite people to request things from you using private email (note:
that means send the request and the answer directly to each other,
*not* via the list!), or post a pointer to where the information can
be found on the WWW or an FTP server.  It's very poor form to splatter
unreadable characters across a widely-read email list.