tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 25 08:43:26 1996

Re: Today is a ... [KLBC]

ghItlh Andre:
>Hmmm, one of the most fascinating
>sentences that I like is "Today
>is a good day to die" (I once heard this one in one of the DS9
>series). This is my first attempt of this translation, however I
>doubt it's a good one.

          DaHjaj Hegh QaQjaj

According to The Klingon Way (TKW), Marc Okrand used "It is a gooday to die" as:
	Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
or, "Today is good <for one> to die."

>I struggle with "to die" it is something that happens in the
>future. I guess this means a verb of type 7 (TKD 4.2.7)

I think here we see the use of the verb suffix {-lu'} to show us that this will
most likely happen in the future, or rather, it is 'indefinite' when it will
happen.

Qapla'
-chIya'ghu
thinking of a tag line........