tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 20 15:45:50 1996

vuvHa' and so on!

Thanks for the feed back!  I'm loving it!!!  And even though my ego becomes a
bit bruised I am thick skinned.

vay'vaD  vuvHa'  vIHechbe'chu.

Your consturction was much better.  I was trying to slide through a verb
construction for an adjective (even though I know that Klingon HAS NO
ADJECTIVES).  Sort of a play on the verbs expressing state of quality -- A
stretch perhaps, but since I don't know if it had been tried before I figured
it might warrent a little bit of discussion.  The intent of my sentence was "I
definitely intend not it be disrespect*FUL* to anyone."

poHvaD  Dochmey  puS  vIyu'.

The "yu'" was indeed intentional.  This statement was in reference to
something and I was interrogating in a way about the sentence.  My intent was
"I will interrogate less things [sentences and words others write] with time."
 As is obvious from my other stuff -- I have a problem expressing the
prepositional phrases using "with".  Someone told me once that "-vaD" could be
used not only as "for" or "to", but also as with.

"-ghach"  don't you just love the word!  Sometimes when I type I sound the
words and the "gh" sound comes out sometimes as "grr" and my brain goes dead
and I grach a lot!  I am afraid that I zoned out a lot of the whole "-ghach"
controversy.  All I can remember was that   "-ghach" was suppose to equate to
"-ness" or "-tion".  As I reread HolqeD I see the error of my ways -- I had
the section 9 in David Barron's Klingon Language Postal Course kind of imbeded
in my subconscious, "-ghach  nominalizer  This suffix, like the suffix -wI',
allows you to turn a verb into a noun, even if the noun has other suffixes
attached."  I guess that the section has been fixed and clarified since the
copy I have was sent out.  Were the other mistakes also corrected?  Maybe I
need to try for a new copy.

tuqIchtaH chugh tuquvmoH neH

I look forward to the day I can start putting these things together without
having to rack my brains out.

batlh Satlho'!

The satire was noted  and appreciated  --  I find sarcasm quite humorous!

Maybe if I say it enough you'll all believe it!!!    I do everything with
honor ----   I do everything with honor ---- I do everything with honor ----
I do everything with honor ---- I do everything with honor ---- I do
everything with honor

How about a "-nes" for good measure  --  batlh Satlho'neS.  Or am I going from
bad to worse!!!

Back to archive top level