tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 17 16:18:55 1996

What's Klingon for "Bingo?"

jIcheghpu'.

(pa' nuD ghaH. ghaH nuD pagh. [noise] Doch [makes] ghaH 'ej ba'.)

> I think the KLI could probably organise a proper board game of
> it, though, rather than a feeble computer game.  Perhaps the
> games of Scrabble and Boggle could be organised as well...

First problem is the letter values. To figure those, we'll need a letter
frequency table. It'd be easy if there were something like the Klingon
equivalent of, say, the Brown Corpus, but there isn't. There aren't enough
samples of conversation to analyze. Perhaps when the vocabulary gains another
order of magnitude...

And would you believe I'm STILL trying to overcome the subtler psychological
damage of Port Royal... jI'oy'lI'!

                                                              -David
This message brought to you by the Chesapeake FreeNet:
Telnet by NCSA Telnet. Mail by POPMail. Domain Name Server by RONCO.

Back to archive top level