tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 14 14:21:52 1996

Re: A Crossed Thread

To Kaylar,

I feel you have misunderstood bang teH's earlier posting. I suggest
you read my original posting "To Greet or not to greet? - the
canonical question" of a few days ago,  and then read bang teH's
comments in context. This should clarify things.

You will note that neither he nor I are refering to the MUSH.
The comments at that time related to this listing and had nothing to
do with the MUSH.

btw I fully agree with you that people should stay in character in the
Klingon KEVE.

I have made the same point as you, in that people on this planet have
many types of greeting, some of which sound very much like "What do
you want?" eg Wotcher? as used by some  Londoners.

Incidentally, some of my friends are Londoners, and they often greet
me with "Wotcher" with no apparant distinction between whether they
are arriving or I am. eg. I could open my front door to be greeted by
a cheery "Wotcher?" from a friend standing on my doorstep.

btw, as you've probably gathered I am not a "Yankee".

jaj

Back to archive top level