tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 14 14:20:54 1996

Re: Rampant Punctuation

This isn't in referance to any comments inparticular, but who says
that pIqaD is even in normal use by Klingon society.  It's likly that it
is used for offical documents, signs, etc., but Klingons seem more like a
oral culture.  Maybe they are less concerned with writting and more
concerned with talking. This could be why we can get away with using
letters that we are familiar with, simply because Terran-Klingon contact
doesn't really involve a lot of writting.  Considering that even
sub-space messages are audio/visual, it isn't even nessacary to use a
system of writting there.  Eventully though, I'm sure it will be
neccassary to be able to read a sign that is in PiqaD, such as "Warning,
core ejection system, do not turn off."

Scott

Back to archive top level