tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 14 02:49:55 1996

Re: Translation efforts

[Quoting Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen]

> As for David's question, no, I do not have any plans to translate TKD (I have
> neither the time nor the talent, personally).  While I'd like to see TKD
> available in other languages besides English and Portuguese, I'm guessing we're
> a long way from actually seeing that happen.  I will be making some inquiries
> with the lawyers at Paramount on the topic, but I don't expect to get back
> anything in the way of real useful information.

Even though I can see the potential benefit from having TKD available
in all kinds of languages I can only be honest in this respect by
saying I really don't care that much about (more) translations ever
appearing. I'd much rather have an updated edition (=complete
rewrite?) of TKD containing all the words and grammar known to
date. Of course the small error's that are now in TKD (like typo's,
words that are only in one side of the dictionary, etc.) would have to
be fixed in that edition. Needless to say it should at least be one,
integral book, not just the current TKD with another addendum attached
(of course!).

--
Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/247.5@Fido, 162:100/100.2@Agora,
     74:3108/101.5@QuaZie, 27:2331/201.5@SigNet, 606:3130/200.2@F1-net