tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 12 08:50:07 1996

Re: To greet or not to greet? The canonical question

Here, here, jaj!

"I don't believe the usage of nuqneH as a conversation opener has to
be justified, there seems to be no reason why it shouldn't be used in
this way. If you still don't agree, however,  consider the following
interpretation:."

nuqheH is not only described as the only greeting in the first canonical
reference newcomers are likely to peruse, it is perhaps the only canonical
idiomatic expression.  Let's all treat is as a valid greeting and a canonical
idiom and move on.

"Don't take "nuqneH"  so literally."

Incidentally, would the qep'a' be a "Canon Ball".  Will there be dancing?
[Sorry.  I just haven't punned in a while.]

--BangMan and Robin

Back to archive top level