tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 11 18:10:43 1996

Re: KLBC

K'tulu  chIjwI' writes:
>nuqneH

nuq DaneH SoH?

>yaS jIH DujDaq
>Dujmey tInqu' Daq

"He eavesdrops very big ships in the officer's monitor's ship."  Because
of the incorrect word order, this is about the only way to interpret the
sentence grammatically.

I suspect you were trying to say something like "I am an officer in a
ship.  It is very big in the ships."  Lets proceed from that assumption.

Nouns with Type 5 suffixes like {-Daq} are not objects or subjects, and they
come before the object-verb-subject part of the sentence (see TKD 6.1).  The
first sentence should be {DujDaq yaS jIH}.  (I'd probably say something more
like {Duj yaS jIH} "I am a ship's officer".)

For the second sentence, would a simple {tInqu' Dujmey} "The ships are very
big" be okay?

>pItlh !

"Done!" "At last!"  [It's not hard to get a single-word sentence right. :-)]

>My first tlhIngan-Hol

Good start.  If you learn one thing each time you post and you post often,
you will soon be very skilled.

>jlwuQ !

If I replace the lowercase {l} with an uppercase {I}: "I have a headache."
If possible, try to use a font which clearly shows the difference between
"l" and "I".