tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 06 08:39:16 1996

Greetings

 > Can someone tell me the difference between _The Klingon Way_
 > and _The Klingon Book Of Virtues_. I've seen adverts which have
 > TKW as a book and TKBOV as a tape. Are they right?

pImbe' TKW TKBOV je'. pIm paqmey pongmey neH.

 > I want to translate a sentance which starts "In the name of...". I
 > have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any ideas?

 The Beginers Grammarian will tackle this better but I might say:
 "Kahless pongvaD..."  meaning for "For Kahless' name...."

 But keep in mind sayings like "In the name of..." are very idiomatic
 and thus don't translate well at all. You might just consider
 not translating it in these cases.

 > Sogh QrIS (Klingon Warrior Society)
---
 * OFFLINE 1.58 *  David Barron    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'                   Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup                   P.O. Box 37, Eagle ID 83616     ||        yInpu' wa'netlh yInmey            It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope. Not available by E-mail!          E-mail   [email protected]            Finger me for more details.

Back to archive top level