tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 04 11:10:50 1996

Re: teSwIj vIqeq

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996 08:38:20 -0700 Robyn Stewart
<[email protected]> wrote:

> wa'Hu' Do'Ha' tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhbogh yajlaHbe' pabpo'ma' 'e'
> vItu'pu'.

Do'Ha'.

> vaj CK jI'Ijqa'taH. pay' jIyay'. loQ 'ay' wa'DIch
> vIyajlaHlaw'meH Dublaw' tlhIngan HolqoqwIj.

batlh bInID.

> I'm sure this is going to sound like some of those mis-heard song
> lyrics, but here's what I hear [in brackets is what I suppose I
> should hear]:

Note: Those with the Bird of Prey "holodome" (like one of
those snowmen in a crystal ball which snows when you shake
it) got this written down as the translation for the sound
chip, which happens to play exactly the same thing as the
beginning of CK.

> -----
> KLAXON KLAXON KLAXON
> ?u? ?u? choH ?ur ?IghoS cha'.  (I can't hear through the klaxons.)

See TKD's examples on overheating engines and see if you
can find the match.

> chay' ju'ra'?
> Qu'vatlh! batlh maHegh!  (This doesn't fit context).

I think it's {vaj} instead of {batlh}.

> cha yIghoS!
> chu'wI' 'E chu'Ha'  (I hear a long E vowel).
> [So'wI' vIchu'Ha']

Close. Consider an imperitive instead of a statement.

> baH!
> bIjeghbe'chugh vaj bIHeygh. (I hear ay, as in Engligh "pay").

Then again, you should know what he is saying. "Surrender
or..." as in "Buy or..." or for those with Klingon CDs,
they now have the subtitle "Study or..."

> tlhIngan maH.     [bIHegh]
> -----
> I'd like some help, but I'd prefer hints to a complete transcript.
> Does the actual dialogue (not my version) make sense, or is it just
> disconnected phrases?

It's rather close to the original, which tends to sound
somewhat disjointed. They are in battle. The engine is
overheating. Soldiers want orders. The captain threatens
the enemy...

> wovwI'

charghwI'

Back to archive top level