tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 03 19:14:05 1996

Re: KLBC: nuqneH (Just kidding!)

Amy Woulfe writes:
>        Amy 'oH pongwIj'e'.  wej tlhInganpong vIwIv.  qaStaHvIs wa'
>tera'ngan jar jIDaqpu'.

majQa', Amy!  bIghItlhchu'.  (I like the verb {Daq} for "lurk"!)

>   muvuQ ja'chuqghachrajmey.

{-mey} is a Type 2 suffix, and must come before {-raj}, a Type 4 suffix.
This sentence seems a bit contrived; there are probably better ways to
express this meaning without using the suffix {-ghach}.  How about
{Suja'chuqmo' jIvuQlu'} or {muvuQ ghItlhmeyraj}?

>  TKD vIghaj.

maj.  ghojwI'vaD potlhqu' TKD.

>ghajwI' jIH neH 'ej lo'laH bIH lughghachmey'e' 'e' jItu'.

I can't quite follow the last sentence.
"I am only a haver and I find that correctnesses[?] they are be useful."

{ghajwI' jIH} means about the same thing as {jIghaj} or {vIghaj}, and I
think the latter meanings are easier to deal with unless you're trying
to put yourself in the category of "people who have".

Maybe you misspelled {ghojwI'}?  "I am only a student" makes more sense.

{lo'laH} by itself means "is/are useful"; you don't need {bIH} "they are"
with it.  The construction {X bIH Y'e'} is used when X is a noun.

{-ghach} on a verb with no intervening suffixes calls a lot of attention
to the word, and I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.  If
you wanted "corrections", I suggest -- hesitantly -- {lughmoHghachmey}.
It comes out as something like "causings of being correct".