tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 01 14:25:58 1996

be' & Ha', KLBC

I have just received "A Pictorial Guide to the Verbal Suffixes of tlhIngan
Hol" our first true grammar book, yeah!  But, I'm having a problem with
<-Ha'>; PGVS translates <HoHHa'> as "She miskills him." and has a picture of
her batlh 'etlh just missing her opponent's head.  If <-Ha'> means undo then
<HoHHa'> is something like "unkill" which I interpret as meaning, in English,
resurrect or reanimate.  The picture I have is something like a doctor
defibbing a patient.  If <-Ha'> is just a negation then I see little
difference between it and <-be'>.  So I come you KLBC and ask, "What gives?"

Sov 'e' bajnISlu'
tIm

Back to archive top level