tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 10 21:19:59 1996

loSpev

ghItlh maSqa'

> Robert E. Newcombe wrote:
>
>>Can anybody shed any light on the meaning of loSpev ?
>
>>quadri.... etc. That means nothing to me either !
>It was a form of grain from the original Star Trek.

     The genus of modern Terran Twentieth century wheat is "Triticum."  The
common bread wheat is Triticum aestivum.
     Triticale, genus Triticosecale, is a hybrid between Triticum and
Secale, rye.
     I believe there is an experimental form called "tritriticale."  On the
theory that in the future there will be bigger numbers the TOS writers
devised "quadrotriticale."

     Qapla'

     qeSmIv HarghwI'

Back to archive top level