tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 05 12:23:49 1996

Re: A new hello...

According to Dennis Staley:

> Hi all:
>
> My wife Debbie and I just joined the list, and are amazed.  As you can tell by
> the login, we are Trekies.  Anyway, we'll be reading in the background for
> about the next 80 years until we won't look like fools.  You guys and gals are
> great, really interesting.  BTW, I see it all the time, but what is
> {charghwI'}?  I see it as a closing, but don't know what it is.  Promise, only
> stupid question for today, ok?
>
> Dennis & Debbie

"It" is me. My name. As a Terran, I'm Will, short for
"William", as in "Will I am", but that doesn't translate into
Klingon all that well, so I went back to the root and got
"William the Conqueror", hence {chargh}, "conquer" and
{charghwI'}, "conqueror". So, it is not like {Qapla'}, as in
something one says when ending a communication. It's just me
signing off.

Okay, so I talk too much, so you see the name a lot. I'll take
that under advisement.

charghwI'
--

 \___