tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 28 17:04:12 1996

Syntax help...

Hi...

I'm a beginner and I haven't got Okrand's dictionnary yet... But I do
want to begin... I got a simple programm to translate most often used
word, but unfortunately I don't have any reference for the syntax of
thlingan-hol...

Now, from what I've seen so far in reading the messages so far, the
syntax is radically different in Klingon... Correct me if I'm wrong, but
it seems to me it looks like this ... The object (or the complement as I
am used to call in french) goes before the verb... And the verb prefix
is used both for the object and the subject... Quite strage actually,
but I'll get used to it! :-) So, if I'm right the following signature I
copied from a post on the list should mean the following...

HIja' paqvam vIqonta'
(Yes) (book this) (I [S] it [O] record done)   Word to word translation
(Yes) (I) (did record) (this book)             In order...
As for the meaning of the sentence, I don't know the context.

So If I were to say... It is cold today... Would the translation be like
this...

Today our weather is cold.
DaHjaj muDmaj bIr.

I didn't found the verb prefix to make be cold into is cold...

Am I on the right track?

Thanks...

P.S. What does KLBC mean in list's subjects ?
--
                 Remy Villeneuve - <[email protected]>
               http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/5413/

Back to archive top level