tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 27 10:23:12 1996

Re: tlhIngan tIgh (was RE: lommey)

ghItlh peHruS

> nuq 'oS mu' {nughI'}
> qep'a' vIjeSbe'mo' 'ej *internet* jabbI'IDmey vIlaDpu'be'mo' mu' {nughI'}
> vIyajbe'

I happened to be sitting next to Dr. Okrand at the qep'a' wejDIch when
everyone was just socializing and horsing around.  While someone was giving
a noogie (rasping the head with the fist) to a hapless victim, Krankor
jokingly said "We really should have a word for *noogie*."  So I asked
Okrand, what the Klingon word for noogie was.  He replied "Well that would
be *nughI' *."  I asked him if this was borrowed from English, and he said
that he was fairly certain that the English word had actually been borrowed
from tlhIngan Hol.  And that is the story of *nughI' *.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level