tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 24 15:19:45 1996

RE: mu'tlheghmeywIj chorghDIch vImugh

December 24, 1996 12:13 AM, jatlh qeyloS:

> "The hardest knife ill-used doth lose his edge."
> batlhHa' taj letqu' lo'lu'chugh vaj jejHa'choH
> If you dishonorably use a really hard knife then it will begin to dull.

Grammatically, this seems fine.  The only problem is that I got confused with
the change of subject.  I recommend that you write in {taj} after
{jejHa'choH}.  Otherwise, it looks like the person using the knife is the one
getting dull.  Either that, of say {jejHa'choHmoH} and assume (or write) that
the subject is the person using the knife.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level