tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 23 15:34:17 1996

RE: KLBC: best & worst, WAS mu'thlheghmeywIj chorghDIch vImugh

December 22, 1996 10:56 PM, jatlh HetaQ:

> If I wanted to say "He is the best fighter." :
> SuvmeH ghaH QaQ law' Hoch QaQ puS
>
> and conversely for "He is the worst fighter":
> SuvmeH Hoch QaQ law' ghaH QaQ puS
>
> or is there a much simpler way of stating the ideas of "better" and "worse"?

With law'/puS sentences, it's best to choose the most appropriate verb for
whatever it is you're talking about.  {QaQ} is . . . well, boring.  And not
very specific.

SuvmeH ghaH po' law' Hoch po' puS.

Also, I don't know for certain that you can reverse the position of {Hoch} in
the superlative sentence.  Try to find a different verb.

SuvmeH ghaH Soy' law' Hoch Soy' puS

or whatever is most appropriate.

--
SuStel