tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 21 21:02:49 1996

RE: Hello

December 21, 1996 8:31 PM, jatlh Chris Davis:

>         My name is Chris. I've been following Star Trek for about ten year
> now and have found it rather interesting.  I have been facsinated with
> Klingons for the last five years.  Although I know alot about the Klingon
> culture I don't know the language.

Hi!  In case you haven't been reading the list yet, I'm SuStel, the list's
Beginners' Grammarian.  Welcome!  If you've got any questions about the
language, or would like to converse in Klingon at a beginner level, just put
"KLBC" in the subject header.  This indicates that only I am allowed to be the
first to correct your grammar, and it also means that the topic should remain
at a beginner level.  For the same reason, please be sure to wait for me to
correct others' KLBC messages before you do so, but feel free to reply in
Klingon about the topic of conversation whenever you like!

> I have ordered the Klingon dictionary
> and Power Klingon so hopefully I will be writing in Klingon instead of
> English.

Good!  Actually, I recommend that you listen to the first audio tape,
"Conversational Klingon" before attempting "Power Klingon."  It's much
simpler, and teaches many basic concepts, including pronunciation.  Be sure to
read The Klingon Dictionary many times!

Also, be sure to visit the Klingon Language Institute's Web site,
http://www.kli.org
Don't forget to read the FAQ!

> As for handles you can call me anything you want but my handle in
> Chicago where I live is Crash.

Heh . . . can we call you {paw'}?  {{:-D

> I am looking forward to an exciting
> experience on this listserv.

batlh bIghojjaj!  bISuvtaHvIS batlh bIHeghjaj!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level