tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 16 18:08:47 1996

Re: KLBC - I fight with a sword.

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996 09:49:42 -0800 "eric d. zay"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> ----------
> > > December 15, 1996 8:00 PM, jatlh HetaQ:

"In order that I fight, I use a sword." I definitely prefer this
(using {-meH}) to all other suggestions. Why? Because clearly
the PURPOSE of the using of the sword is to fight. It is not
merely coincidental that the use and fighting are simultaneous.
I'll show examples of what is wrong with the other versions:

> > jISuvtaHvIS 'etlh vIlo'

[DaSmeywIj vISay'moHmeH] jISuvtaHvIS 'etlh vIlo'.

While I fight, I use a sword [to clean my boots].

> Another way to say *I fight with a sword* might also be to use *DI' *
>
> 	jISuvDI' 'etlh vIlo'
>
> When I fight, I use a sword

[DaSmeywIj vISay'moHmeH] jISuvDI' 'etlh vIlo'.

Whenever I fight, I use my sword [to clean my boots].

> SuSvaj

charghwI'

Back to archive top level