tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 14 17:51:57 1996

RE: KLBC

At 05:02 PM 12/14/96 -0800, David Trimboli wrote:
>TKD tells us that {HIja'} and {HISlaH} are used with roughtly the same
>frequency by speakers of Klingon.  However, we Earthers seems to have put a
>lot of emphasis on {HIja'} (probably because Okrand does; there's a long story
>about lip-synching).
>
>To combat this, recently I've been saying {HISlaH} occasionally, whenever the
>mood strikes me.

In my belief (not meaning that it is correct), I think <HISlaH> is the more
formal way of saying "yes". For example, in English we say "Yeah" (slang),
or "Yes". So maybe HIja' isn't slang, but a more colloquial way of saying
HISlaH.

-mayq

Back to archive top level