tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 13 14:43:01 1996

RE: KBLC: <-vetlh>

December 12, 1996 11:50 AM, jatlh jo'Sqa:

> > You could also go with just
> > "ghIjwI' DIchargh": we conquer scarers.
>
> 	I was wondering about that.  After all, it's not just ONE person
> or thing that scares.

The verb prefix tells us that the object is plural.  {DI-} is "we/them."

>  I was thinking of using <latlhpu'> - after all,
> we're not going to go around the galaxy beating the hell out of ugly
> statues.  Just beings that rub us the wrong way.

I think that {ghIjwI'} works just fine.  I doubt any Klingon would interpret
this statement as chasing statues.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian