tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 08 19:04:36 1996

RE: ADMIN: HOW TO GET OFF OF TLHINGAN-HOL

>> I was a bit lazy :) Didn't want to think of some recast and
>> wanted to play it safe.
>> jIbuDlaw'. vImugh 'e' vIQubqangbe' 'ej jIQagh 'e' vIneHbe'.
>
>Don't use {'e'} with {neH}.  You simply leave it out.
>
>Also, I don't think you really want an {'e'} sentence with {Qub}.  Try this on
>for size:
>
>vImughmeH jIQubqangbe'.

I must have missd some vital part in my TKD here.
-jej is rereading section 6.2 now-
I'm puzzled now :)
there are:
-compound sentences with conjunctions
-subordinate clauses with special words like if and when
-relative clauses with {-bogh}
-purpose clauses with {-meH}
-sentences as objects with {-'e'},{-net}, or {}

So you are saying the latter here, sentences as objects without
any suffix to indicate their special status?
I now read thet {-'e'} is used for verbs which express my POV,
{-net} for expressing 'one' or 'someone' and {} is used when
the main verb is {neH} (like you mentioned), or when it is a
verb of saying.

Long way of saying I don't understand how you came up with your
second sentence: {vImughmeH jIQubqangbe'}.
Strictly speaking, this use of {Qub} doesn't fall under the
requisites for {-'e'}, and {-net} isn't usefull either. It is
not {neH}, nor a verb of saying, so is it at _all_ possible to
join them into one sentence?

Thanks in advance, this klingon doesn't know yet how to speak
his mothertongue :)

jejQIb

Back to archive top level