tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 04 19:57:00 1996

RE: greetings

>>Qapla' can be used as greeting too, when adressing honoured warriors.
>
>I always thought of it as a send-off. I've never heard it used as a
>greeting, but I may be wrong.

I was told that Okrand mentioned this at a convention in Halifax last
year and I have since read more mentions of similar statements by the
man himself :)

Was it not used recently in ST by a klingon? Apart from the argument that
he could have been speaking a local dialect in which nuqneH sounds like
Qapla' (it's a _joke_ :), it would indicate this use of Qapla' too.

jejQIb
soon to be Chief of Security USS Matrix NCC-2296 :)

Back to archive top level