tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 03 14:41:51 1996

KLBC: Losers

> How would you say "loser" in Klingon?

	Help from a BG would be nice, but since it wasn't labelled KBLC
(until I put it there), here's my guess:

	<Qapbe'wI'>?  "One who does not succeed?"  Or is <Qap> too vague
for this use?  (One who does not work?)  How about <lujwI'>, for "one who
fails"?

	What kind of a loser are you trying for, anyway?  (I'd be rather
amused if you were attempting to translate Beck's alternative hit.)  :)  I
think we could come up with something better if you mean "loser" in the
doesn't-have-a-life sense of the word.

  / _ \                                     \        ** Andrew Netherton **
  \__)|         "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"          \ __    University of Waterloo
      \       I came, I saw my cousin.       |(_ \      Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level