tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 28 21:21:20 1996

Re: KLBC help with introduction

At 07:23 PM 8/25/96 -0700, Jeff Velten wrote:
>First I would like to say thank you for the assistance, trI'Qal HoD. As
>for my sig:
>
>>>| Dargh QaQ, juH Doj |
>
>>"Good tea, impresive home?"
>
>This was my attempt at translating one of Worf's lines from TNG. There
>was an episode where Worf and the rest of the away team were served tea
>by what appeared to be an elderly couple, the only survivors of an
>attack that had wiped out all life on their planet. Worf looks up and
>sees everyone watching him, and awkwardly tries to make small talk. His
>exact line, I believe, was "Good tea, nice house." I was unable to find
>a Klingon word for nice, so I used *Doj* I thought that would be a more
>"Klingon" thing to say...

It was.  As I commented in an earlier post, this might have been clearer
with either a . or a ; to sperate the sentence fragments.  With the comma,
it led me to bleieve the two thoughts were connected, thus:  "if the tea is
good, then your home is impressive".  In light of the quote (with which I
wasn't familiar), what you have is fine, eccept for the note on punctuation
(and that's mostly stylistic, I think, since these are both fragments).

>Qapla'
>Qetlh

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet
Klingon speaker and net junkie!
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level